Monday, August 25, 2008

Commercial Break

Okay, to be honest, I haven't started on the part 3 of the Great Escape movies. I had a busy week plus I'm trying to use some effects courtesy of inspirations from archiwhiz but I haven't perfected the art of ink blogging so I decided to take a commercial break. Please enjoy these words from my sponsors.


1 - I think I'll need to join that alcoholics anonymous group o. God forbid.
I woke up this morning with a bad headache and I know what caused it - my appointment with alcohol last night. How did I get to this point?
Well, I'm a social drinker. I don't drink beer, all that Heineken and things don't go in my mouth. Last time I had Smirnoff was at my drowning. Smirnoff never tasted the same after that incident but I love wine. I've been messing with wine - pinot, sauvignon, merlot and all those types. I didn't like any of those too well but I settled with Chardonnay. I would buy one bottle like every month, it wasn't anything serious till I found White Zinfadel. I bought one small bottle like 4 weeks ago and I loved it and then I found a berry and lime flavored one by Arbor Mist. This bottle was bigger and that was what I wanted; it would last longer than those conventional skinny bottles. Now these wines are not alcoholic like them Bacardi, the only issue is, I've been drinking them like water lately, especially this past week. I would get home from work and pour me a glass on empty stomach, serve my food and pour another glass, finish the food and pour another glass for the 6 o'clock newscast.
Last night, I did the same. I first downed some WZ then got some food, then downed some again. I plopped on the couch in front of the TV to watch the closing of the Olympics, na lie, I dozed off. I woke up at the end of the ceremony with a small headache and made my way to my bedroom thinking by the time I wake up today, I'll be better. Hmm, my head was pounding when I woke up o. I made it into work and I'm good now. But guess what, I have about a glass left in that bottle and I can't wait to get to it, this afternoon.
Just to clarify, I don't get drunk on wine o. Most I've gotten was tipsy after downing about a whole bottle one time. I pride myself in being drunk only once, Enigma should remember this day at the saw mill (Philadelphia days) and I DON'T drink and drive. Never.

My sister says I'm getting addicted, I say I'm just living. What do you say?


2 - School resumed today o and classes begin for me tomorrow. Traffic has started going crazy with all the school buses and parents dropping off and students rushing to morning classes. I have 4 hour classes - 6pm - 10pm. I'm used to it though, this is my 3rd semester with that same schedule: classes on tues, wed, Thurs. My life is back in a routine now - wake up, go to work, go home (if I don't have a project due), get some food/change and go back to school; then go home, get a late dinner and crash. This will definitely affect my blogging as I need to face my books before anything else (except girls, I can multi task that one). I'll be here though posting comments and updating y'all as things go along. Hmm, I just remembered some fyne Indian girls in my previous classes. I bet I'll see them again but me and Indian? I no know o. We'll see sha as long as they don't do hari Krishna on me. Na lie, my God big pass their own, nothing do me. This ejucation sef, make I read wetin I wan read comot sha, make me sef begin dey write, B.Sc, M.Sc, Esq, Hons, JP, which one remain again?


3 - For those that know Enigma, y'all got to find out we are brothers from his comment on GE I. He actually introduced me to blogger. Some of you that met him in Las Gidi also know my name now. Badderchic already confessed to attempting to look me up on facebook, lol. I'm not against being facebook friends but let me enjoy my invisibility small. Enigma is a a janded boy but I'm doing yankee stuvvs (to borrow the words of Amplifyd) so there's a bit of a distance between us. We definitely stay in touch though. I'm his right hand man and he's my left hand man so we stand side by side. We've pulled a lot of stunts together and we still pull stunts regardless of distance.


Okay, we are now back from commercial break. Let's return to the shooting of GE III. If you see typo or gun shot, abeg ignore. Idea is need. I have a meeting in 10mins and I'm here, kai.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

mehnnn!!!!

chai...

White Zinfadel? u have taste ma bro..u sincerely do...of which say nuin do u sha...

Anonymous said...

of which like mehn....

u and enigma brovaz from the same mama? chai...eeeyaa...and ma mama dey complain say she get two of me...

Axe145 said...

2nd!!! lol@hari Krishna...good luck in school this semester. I miss that part of my life. Enjoy it while you can, how many degrees you wan rack?

badderchic said...

Okay Im third....

I will never make you visible bro, nah its not in my character.

take it easy on the booze...Im out!

Mz. Dee said...

grr wat is with chari and being first everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

invisible again... the guy i'm tryin to get on my booty is who ure firstin up and down.. hiss!!!!

hmm.. the wine thing...eazy oo...

lol @ indian girlz!

miz-cynic said...

@ this junction i say" ja mi si (fill me in)like "9ice".....wht the hell is las gidi, i c it a lot on blogs, but despite tht i pride myself on being a good decoder, iv neva quite figured it out...or it cld be tht im trying too hard, mayb its wht i thnk...LAGOS?????

AND WEN U SAY SCH,u mean first degree rite????

Smaragd said...

dude, wivout mincing words u are getting addicted! certainly.

just take it easy man.

Invisible said...

@ Chari, I'm still sampling wine so I fit jam better one sef but for now WZ is top. Me and enigma na same blood o.

@ Sabira, I'm trying to enjoy it. When I finished undergrad and was off school, I kinda missed it but now I can't wait to be done. One more semester. I don't mind racking up like 10 degrees, whachuthink? Yeah right!

@ Badderchic, I know you won't out me. I was just doing shakara.

@ Mz. Dee, Chari has everyone locked down o. But quickly, you confuse me small o. Who do you want on your booty, me or Chari? I think Chari has enough already, meet me for corner.

@ Miz-cynic, las gidi is lagos. I don't know how I got to know that term but I do and when I say school, I mean second degree (M.Sc).

@ esmeralda, addicted? I'm in denial o. Wait, isn't that the first step of the alc. anons thing? lol.

Thanks for dropping by. I'm still waiting for someone to agree with me that I'm just living life o.
But isn't it better to be drinking wine than to be drinking bacardi and all those strong liquor. I thought there was a medical benefit to drinking wine, well maybe red wine but someone side with me now.

Anonymous said...

awww brotherly love... sweet!
:P

Mz. Dee said...

lol invisible i was talkin bout u jo!

this one dat i'm hearin errywhere enigma is fine, enigma is hawt...

u fine pass am?

Yea drinkin red wine is healthy..my dad downz at least two bottles each weekend but he has a high tolerance 4 alcohol... on the otther hand..the doctor sed ONE!! glass of red wine a day is healthy!! only ONE o!

Enigma said...

This guy you make me laugh o!

Where are your folks in this your wine tasting hobby? interesting gan! Reminds me of 'sonny' days...ya dig?!!! I prefer 'Rose' any day!

All the best maite!

Afrobabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Afrobabe said...

Me says you are in denial..lol..I get that way too..somehow I think its caused by boredom..

I am highly interested in this stunts you both have pulled…come on whisper…

ok, Had to delete the first comment, I copied and pasted my comment from word and managed to copy half ur post...lol..was having a blond moment...

Buttercup said...

this is why i literally sun away from alcohol..i get the feelin i might become addicted, cos once i like somn or someone, i get addicted..:D

all the best with school o..

awww its so cool that u n ur bro r close n ish..u must miss eachother..i cant imagine not being in the same country as any of my siblings..as annoyin n infuriatin as they cud be sometimes!

from 1st to 14th..*hisses*..:(

Buttercup said...

run*

Lady said...

FIRST OF ALL CAN I JUST SAY....MZ.DEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11 u r hilarious beybey!!!!!!!!1 i dint even think about that ooo..since enigma is foine..then mr.invisible too must carry some foine genes naww...lol...
*MZ.DEE I HOPE U DONT MIND SHARING**

so on to ur drinking..
YOU KNOW WHAT I AM BEING ACCUSED OF THE SAME THING OOOO......
JUST BECOS I DRINK...erm...i drink.......
small print: LAGER!!!!!!!
okay wait oooo...
B4 ANYONE BEGIN TALK...
1.I DONT DRINK IT IN PUBLIC OOO....I SIT IN MY HOUSE AND DO MY BUSINESS..
2. I USE A STRAW....I GUESS THAT LADIFIES IT ABI? LOL
3 years ago i hated the taste of it..but my father used to give me sips....I SUDDENLY GOT INITIATED!
my big bro came home couple of days ago and caught me.....
HE SED, "GOD FORBID..NO SISTER OF MINE WILL HAVE BEER BELLY OOOO"

so i guess what am trying to say (after this long story) is......
ONLY WE KNU IF WE GAT AN ILLNESS....LITTLE OF EVERYTHING..NEVER KILL PERSON...
P.S:XOXO

Lady said...

DAMNN THAT WAS A WHOLE POST!!

ibiluv said...

stop drinking on an empty stomach...........

addicted or not......if u ARE a social drinker-ur couch isnt a social arena...so watch it.....

no hari krisna but u like kama sutra.........

Enigma no tell me ya name o
but u can tell me yaself........no?
hit me up......check my email on my profile!!!!!!!!!!

take care dearie........

badderchic said...

that your shakara hurt my feelings

sob sob, *heartbreak!*

exschoolnerd said...

my first time here!!! will be back

Invisible said...

@ Geisha song, lol. We have our fights too o.

@ Mz. Dee, I fine pass Enigma? I'll keep you in suspense. I haven't found a red wine that my taste buds like. When I do, I'll start the one glass therapy, lol.
Oya bring the booty now.

@ Enigma, wetin your folks wan do? Your mama accused me of drinking on saturday. "Omo yi, o tin mu oti", I just laughed. I was supposed to do something that involved a ladder and she said I shouldn't cause I was drunk. I look am like "you never holla".
No comment on sonny days, lol.

@ Afrobabe, I actually agree with you. I believe it's boredom. I don't go out except on weekends so what else can I do?

@ Buttercup, I refuse to accept that I'm getting addicted and keep running.
Enigma and I actually talk virtually everyday so I can't say I miss him. We suppose jam soon though so ...

@ Lady koko, I definitely don't mind sharing, the more the merrier. Of course, AA is a one lady man but BB no mind, we'll have to fight for it.
Pint of lager? You sef don dey join the club be that o.

@ Ibiluv, I'll take your advice on the empty stomach thing. Me being a social drinker doesn't have to do with where I drink, it just means I don't drink on a regular basis. Maybe I should say occasional drinker.
Who no like kama sutra? lol.
I actually know more about you than you know about me. We have some things in common. Hint: AGN Dept!!!

@ badderchic, no vex now.

@ exschoolnerd, welcome.

Gosh I should respond to comments more often instead of posting long responses like this.

Update: I've finished the WZ and classes have started so no more drinking during the week for the next 3 months, maybe on weekends now, hehehe.

miz-cynic said...

se im beginning to think its better just abandoning ur own blog for a while and going blog shopping to read oda blogs u neva knew existed and all

Anonymous said...

guy u dey vex o! ahnahn!

on top Karima and Chibuzor?!

LMAO!

Rebirth said...

White Zhinfadel!!!!!! My fave wine of all times..... u really have taste. my kind of person

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Hey I've never been here before. So, welcome to blogville.

Hari Krishna????? =)

I'm off to catch up on the other posts. This looks to be interesting and fun.

NaijaScorpio said...

First time here. Interesting stuff. Will definitely be back.

Jamilah said...

1st time here..
read ur drowning post..damn!!! i'm so scared of stuffs like that.. even though i swim very well, i still make sure i dont go to the deep end.. lost 2 friends to drowning..
lol@ u drinking.. heheh na only wine u dey drink.. get with the programm.. spirits r in.. vodka and brandy..
ive reduced drinking sha...
why dont u like beer???..love me sone heneiken ...
i shuld check ur brothers page..

Unknown said...

u r a drunkard
lol
addicted too
better let go.
the fly that refused to leave...

Invisible said...

@ Cynic, I agree with you

@ Chari, free me joo.

@ funms, my quest is not over. I'll let you know if I find another nice one.

@solomonsydelle, thanks

@ sting, thanks too.

@ abby, drowning is scary. I used to be into spirits and I get into it once in a blue moon but wine is soothing, some sort of calming balm, lol, what the heck am I talking about? lol.

@ tisha, ouch!. Go easy on me now. :-)